Sunday, July 26, 2009

Day sixteen

I decided to bake bread, not only can I feed hungry people around me, I can also attract Dad's attention. But I need salt. The boy who tried to steal my ball, gabbed my hand offering to take me to my family for a dollar. But I don't have a dollar. He wants the ball. I did not have time to say anything he grabbed my hand as he zig-zag past tents. He leads me to a road where a modern car drive past, the boy said United Nations give people tickets here. I tried to get the tickets but there are just too many people. The men yelled to the crowd but they wouldn't listen. The men got into the car and drove away. Suddenly, I see our tents, with Dad, Mum and Bibi outside. I panic as I saw policemen surrounding Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment